Originally developed by unknown, EAM.exe is a legitimate file process that is associated with Easy Account Manager. It is an important component of Easy Account Manager and is located in C:\Program files by default.
EAM.exe virus is created when malware authors write virus files and name them after EAM.exe with an aim to spread virus on the internet.
Affected Platform: Windows OS
How to check if your computer is infected with EAM.exe malware?If your system is affected by EAM.exe malware, you will notice one or the several below symptoms:
- EAM.exe occupies an unusually large CPU memory
- Erratic internet connection
- Your browser is bombarded with annoying popup ads
- Computer screen freezes
- PC's processing speed suffers
- You are redirected to unknown websites
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at once to open Task Manager.
Step 2: If you notice the file located outside C:\Program files, you should run an antivirus scan to get rid of the malware.
How to remove EAM.exe malware from system using Comodo Cleaning Essentials?
You can either choose to remove EAM.exe and other malwares using Comodo Antivirus, or Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) – both of which are absolutely free to download! CCE is a set of computer security tools designed to help you identify and remove malwares and unsafe processes from an infected computer.
To remove malwares using CCE, take the following steps:
1. Check the system requirements and download the feature-rich CCE suite for free.
2. After installation, choose the type of scan you want to perform. CCE offers 3 scan options to get rid of malwares from a PC:
- Smart Scan: Does a scan on critical areas of your system.
- Full Scan: Does a complete scan of your system.
- Custom Scan: Does a scan only on selected items.
Additionally, it's recommended that you approve of any updates that the CCE will prompt you about to ensure it does a better job of identifying all the latest threats.
3. Click 'Next' to view the results.
Regardless of the type of scan you choose, the results will sometimes show false positive (flagging files that are actually safe), which has to be ignored. Only select the files you want to get rid of.
4. Click 'Apply' to apply the selected operations to the threats. The selected operations will be applied.
Malware EntriesSafe Entries
Safe EntriesSafe Entries