What is QtCore4.dll?
The file named QtCore4.dll is developed by Nokia Corporation. It is digitally verified and signed by the brand LionSea Software co. limited. The program however is considered to be a threat because it is found along with other virus and Trojan programs. The DLL is used by the C++ application development framework. The threat level is 3.
QtCore4.dll is located in C:\Program Files\wiserecovery\qtcore4.dll. The total size of the file is 2.4 megabytes. The latest version of the program is not found in the records. The program is a non-system process and the DLL can be removed or uninstalled without having any dire consequences on the performance of Windows operating system.
Affected Platform: Windows 7,8,10.
How to check if your computer is infected with QtCore4.dll malware?
If your system is affected by QtCore4.dll malware, you will notice one or several of the symptoms below:
- QtCore4.dll occupies an unusually large CPU memory
- Erratic internet connection
- Your browser is bombarded with annoying popup ads
- Computer screen freezes
- PC's processing speed suffers
- You are redirected to unknown websites
To pinpoint the virus file location, take the following steps:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at once to open Task Manager.
Step 2: If you notice the file located outside C:\Program Files\wiserecovery\qtcore4.dll, you should run an antivirus scan to get rid of the malware.
How to remove QtCore4.dll malware from system using Comodo Cleaning Essentials?
You can either choose to remove QtCore4.dll and other malwares using Comodo Antivirus, or Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) – both of which are absolutely free to download! CCE is a set of computer security tools designed to help you identify and remove malwares and unsafe processes from an infected computer.
To remove malwares using CCE, take the following steps:
2. After installation, choose the type of scan you want to perform. CCE offers 3 scan options to get rid of malwares from a PC:
- Smart Scan: Does a scan on critical areas of your system.
- Full Scan: Does a complete scan of your system.
- Custom Scan: Does a scan only on selected items.
The process to initiate the above mentioned scans are self-explanatory and thus, easy-to-use.
Additionally, it's recommended that you approve of any updates that the CCE will prompt you about to ensure it does a better job of identifying all the latest threats.
3. Click 'Next' to view the results.
Regardless of the type of scan you choose, the results will sometimes show false positive (flagging files that are actually safe), which has to be ignored. Only select the files you want to get rid of.
4. Click 'Apply' to apply the selected operations to the threats. The selected operations will be applied.
Malware EntriesSafe Entries
|1||Nokia Corporation and/or its subsidiary(-ies)||Executable||9151c497fc22f16b
Safe EntriesSafe Entries
|4||The Qt Company Ltd||Executable||77810f90ade2bff1