What is DSConvert.dll?
The file named DSConvert.dll is developed by an unknown developer. The program has no origin and is not digitally verified making it a threat for most systems. However, the file is not associated with any malware or Trojan attacks as confirmed by past scans. The threat level of the file is 3 because of lack of security patches and updates from its developer.
DSConvert.dll is located in C:\Program Files\thunder\program\dsconvert.dll. The total size of the file is 81 kilobytes. The latest version of the program available is not known. The non-system process can be disabled without having any adverse effects on the performance of the Windows operating system. The DLL program is used by the specific software and not by the OS.
Affected Platform: Windows XP,Vista
How to check if your computer is infected with DSConvert.dll malware?
If your system is affected by DSConvert.dll malware, you will notice one or several of the symptoms below:
- DSConvert.dll occupies an unusually large CPU memory
- Erratic internet connection
- Your browser is bombarded with annoying popup ads
- Computer screen freezes
- PC's processing speed suffers
- You are redirected to unknown websites
To pinpoint the virus file location, take the following steps:Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at once to open Task Manager.
Step 2: If you notice the file located outside C:\Program Files, you should run an antivirus scan to get rid of the malware.
How to remove DSConvert.dll malware from system using Comodo Cleaning Essentials?
You can either choose to remove DSConvert.dll and other malwares using Comodo Antivirus, or Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) – both of which are absolutely free to download! CCE is a set of computer security tools designed to help you identify and remove malwares and unsafe processes from an infected computer.
To remove malwares using CCE, take the following steps:
- Check the system requirements and download the feature-rich CCE suite for free.
- After installation, choose the type of scan you want to perform. CCE offers 3 scan options to get rid of malwares from a PC:
- Smart Scan: Does a scan on critical areas of your system.
- Full Scan: Does a complete scan of your system.
- Custom Scan: Does a scan only on selected items.
The process to initiate the above mentioned scans are self-explanatory and thus, easy-to-use.
Additionally, it's recommended that you approve of any updates that the CCE will prompt you about to ensure it does a better job of identifying all the latest threats.
- Click 'Next' to view the results.
Regardless of the type of scan you choose, the results will sometimes show false positive (flagging files that are actually safe), which has to be ignored. Only select the files you want to get rid of.
- Click 'Apply' to apply the selected operations to the threats. The selected operations will be applied.
Malware EntriesSafe Entries
Safe EntriesSafe Entries