What is ChilkatFtp2.dll?
The file named ChilkatFtp2.dll is developed by Chillkat Software Incorporation. The program is digitally verified and signed by the Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board. The reputed developer provides proper security updates for the file making it completely safe to work with. The threat level of the program is 1. It is not associated with any malware or Trojan attacks according to latest scans.
ChilkatFtp2.dll is located in C:\windows\syswow64\chilkatftp2.dll. The latest version of the file available is 9.4.0. The total size of the program is 1.8 megabytes. It is a non-system process which can be disabled at any point without affecting the performance of the system. The file if found rogue should be removed immediately.
Affected Platform: Windows XP,Vista,7,8,10
How to check if your computer is infected with ChilkatFtp2.dll malware?
If your system is affected by ChilkatFtp2.dll malware, you will notice one or several of the symptoms below:
- ChilkatFtp2.dll occupies an unusually large CPU memory
- Erratic internet connection
- Your browser is bombarded with annoying popup ads
- Computer screen freezes
- PC's processing speed suffers
- You are redirected to unknown websites
To pinpoint the virus file location, take the following steps:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at once to open Task Manager.
Step 2: If you notice the file located outside C:\Program Files, you should run an antivirus scan to get rid of the malware.
How to remove ChilkatFtp2.dll malware from system using Comodo Cleaning Essentials?
You can either choose to remove ChilkatFtp2.dll and other malwares using Comodo Antivirus, or Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) – both of which are absolutely free to download! CCE is a set of computer security tools designed to help you identify and remove malwares and unsafe processes from an infected computer.
To remove malwares using CCE, take the following steps:
- Check the system requirements and download the feature-rich CCE suite for free.
- After installation, choose the type of scan you want to perform. CCE offers 3 scan options to get rid of malwares from a PC:
- Smart Scan: Does a scan on critical areas of your system.
- Full Scan: Does a complete scan of your system.
- Custom Scan: Does a scan only on selected items.
The process to initiate the above mentioned scans are self-explanatory and thus, easy-to-use.
Additionally, it's recommended that you approve of any updates that the CCE will prompt you about to ensure it does a better job of identifying all the latest threats.
- Click 'Next' to view the results.
Regardless of the type of scan you choose, the results will sometimes show false positive (flagging files that are actually safe), which has to be ignored. Only select the files you want to get rid of.
4. Click 'Apply' to apply the selected operations to the threats. The selected operations will be applied.
Malware EntriesSafe Entries
Safe EntriesSafe Entries
|1||Chilkat Software, Inc.||Executable||d676c9e6f593f395
|No||2, 6, 0, 1||2, 6, 0, 1||10.224.1.54/32|
|2||Chilkat Software, Inc.||Executable||7109e7fe852f232b
|No||2, 6, 0, 1||2, 6, 0, 1||Internal Submission|
|3||Chilkat Software, Inc.||Executable||980431effc97113f
|No||2, 6, 2, 1||2, 6, 2, 1||Internal Submission|
|4||Chilkat Software, Inc.||Executable||a6829021696125e4
|No||2, 6, 3, 1||2, 6, 3, 1||United States|