What is AxInterop.WMPLib.dll?
The file named AxInterop.WMPLib.dll is developed by ASUSTek Computer Incorporation. The file is commonly known as the Dream Media Player when it gets hijacked by a malware and could cause serious threat to the operating system and the data stored within. The threat level for the program is identified at level 3 because of it being frequently targeted by malicious programs.
AxInterop.WMPLib.dll is located in c:\Program Files\Asus\AsusVibe\. The latest product version available is 1.0. The file doesn’t have a valid signature but it receives periodical updates from ASUSTek.
The program is not directly associated with the Windows operating system but may run in the background. It can be closed in the task manager if multiple instances or memory hogging issues arise.
Affected Platform: Windows OS
How to check if your computer is infected with AxInterop.WMPLib.dll malware?
If your system is affected by AnimGif.dll malware, you will notice one or several of the symptoms below:
- AxInterop.WMPLib.dll occupies an unusually large CPU memory
- Erratic internet connection
- Your browser is bombarded with annoying popup ads
- Computer screen freezes
- PC's processing speed suffers
- You are redirected to unknown websites
To pinpoint the virus file location, take the following steps:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at once to open Task Manager.
Step 2: If you notice the file located outside C:\Program Files, you should run an antivirus scan to get rid of the malware.
How to remove AxInterop.WMPLib.dll malware from system using Comodo Cleaning Essentials?
You can either choose to remove AxInterop.WMPLib.dll and other malwares using Comodo Antivirus, or Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) – both of which are absolutely free to download! CCE is a set of computer security tools designed to help you identify and remove malwares and unsafe processes from an infected computer.
To remove malwares using CCE, take the following steps:
1. Check the system requirements and download the feature-rich CCE suite for free.
2. After installation, choose the type of scan you want to perform. CCE offers 3 scan options to get rid of malwares from a PC:
- Smart Scan: Does a scan on critical areas of your system.
- Full Scan: Does a complete scan of your system.
- Custom Scan: Does a scan only on selected items.
The process to initiate the above mentioned scans are self-explanatory and thus, easy-to-use.
Additionally, it's recommended that you approve of any updates that the CCE will prompt you about to ensure it does a better job of identifying all the latest threats.
3. Click 'Next' to view the results.
Regardless of the type of scan you choose, the results will sometimes show false positive (flagging files that are actually safe), which has to be ignored. Only select the files you want to get rid of.
4. Click 'Apply' to apply the selected operations to the threats. The selected operations will be applied.
Related Resources :
SOC as a Service
Malware EntriesSafe Entries
Safe EntriesSafe Entries