What is ADL.Foundation.dll?
The file named ADL.Foundation.dll is developed by Advanced Micro Devices. The program is used by the Catalyst Control Center, a software essential for AMD graphics cards to be optimized and tweaked for maximum performance. The file runs in the background and disabling it may cause graphical issues. It has a threat level of 1. Always update the latest graphic drivers to keep it safe.
ADL.Foundation.dll is located in C:\Program Files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\adl.foundation.dll. The latest version of the file available is 2.0. The total file size is 56 kilobytes. It is found in most systems running on AMD hardware. It is a non-system process which doesn’t affect Windows OS but do not disable it unless it is confirmed to be compromised by a malware.
Affected Platform: Windows Vista, 7,8 & 10.
How to check if your computer is infected with ADL.Foundation.dll malware?
If your system is affected by ADL.Foundation.dll malware, you will notice one or several of the symptoms below:
- ADL.Foundation.dll occupies an unusually large CPU memory
- Erratic internet connection
- Your browser is bombarded with annoying popup ads
- Computer screen freezes
- PC's processing speed suffers
- You are redirected to unknown websites
To pinpoint the virus file location, take the following steps:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys at once to open Task Manager.
Step 2: If you notice the file located outside C:\Program Files, you should run an antivirus scan to get rid of the malware.
How to remove ADL.Foundation.dll malware from system using Comodo Cleaning Essentials?
You can either choose to remove ADL.Foundation.dll and other malwares using Comodo Antivirus, or Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) – both of which are absolutely free to download! CCE is a set of computer security tools designed to help you identify and remove malwares and unsafe processes from an infected computer.
To remove malwares using CCE, take the following steps:
1. Check the system requirements and download the feature-rich CCE suite for free.
2. After installation, choose the type of scan you want to perform. CCE offers 3 scan options to get rid of malwares from a PC:
- Smart Scan: Does a scan on critical areas of your system.
- Full Scan: Does a complete scan of your system.
- Custom Scan: Does a scan only on selected items.
The process to initiate the above mentioned scans are self-explanatory and thus, easy-to-use.
Additionally, it's recommended that you approve of any updates that the CCE will prompt you about to ensure it does a better job of identifying all the latest threats.
3. Click 'Next' to view the results.
Regardless of the type of scan you choose, the results will sometimes show false positive (flagging files that are actually safe), which has to be ignored. Only select the files you want to get rid of.
4. Click 'Apply' to apply the selected operations to the threats. The selected operations will be applied.
|1||Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.||Executable||60493b8adf6fd62a
|2||Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.||Executable||2984f4b6efe10cff
|3||Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.||Executable||e6be11112698eafb
|4||Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.||Executable||a758c3b6299f3f78