What is YDETECT.EXE?
YDETECT.EXE is a legitimate file process developed by Yahoo! Inc. This process is known as Yahoo! Toolbar Detector Setup and it belongs to Yahoo! Toolbar Detector Setup. You can locate the file in C:\Program Files. The virus is created by malware authors and is named after YDETECT.EXE file.
Affected Platform: Windows OS
How to check if your computer is infected with YDETECT.EXE malware?
- Keep an eye for the following symptoms to check if your PC is infected with YDETECT.EXE malware:
- Unstable internet connection
- Browser redirects to unwanted websites
- PC performance slows down
- Browser is bombarded with hordes of popup ads
- System screen freezes repeatedly
If you find any of the above mentioned symptoms, take the following steps to be sure about the malware infection:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys to open Task Manager.
- Go to the process tab and right-click on the YDETECT.EXE file and open its location.
If the file is located outside C:\Program Files, then you should take measures to get rid of the malware.
How to remove YDETECT.EXE malware from system with Comodo Cleaning Essentials?
Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) incorporates antivirus software with unique features like auto-sandboxing to identify and obstruct every suspicious process running on an endpoint with a single click. To remove YDETECT.EXE malware using CCE, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Download the CCE suite.
Step 2: To start the application, double-click on the CCE.exe file.
Step 3: It then probes the antivirus to initiate a full system scan to identify and remove any existing malicious files.
Step 4: If threats are found during the scanning, you will be prompted with an alert screen.
Step 5: Comodo Cleaning Essentials will remove YDETECT.EXE malware from your computer including all other malwares!
Malware EntriesSafe Entries
Safe EntriesSafe Entries
|No||5, 0, 0, 7||5, 0, 0, 0||Internal Submission|